Cocktail Hail Mary
Cocktail Hail Mary When to make it: the bloody morning after, obviously, because crying is better than puking.
Vodka is a drink for girls and Russians. Gin, meanwhile, is for kings and the British and forms the basis of many excellent cocktails. However, the Bloody Mary remains an essential, both for its remedial qualities and its tongue-curling manliness. This is a fresh but spicy take on the classic.
Note – if you can’t be bothered to use a blender, a good pre-prepared juice and tabasco is fine, but you knew how to do that anyway…
• Four large, ripe-vine tomatoes
• One habanero pepper
• 50ml Belvedere vodka
• Half squeezed lemon; other half to garnish
• Dash of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce
• Pinch of Jamie Oliver Pink Himalayan Salt
1. Roughly chop the tomatoes and pepper and blend to smooth.
2. Put in shaker with vodka and lemon juice and mix for 20 seconds.
3. Pour into Collins glass.
4. Season with sauces and salt.
5. Garnish with sliced lemon; no celery.